In WordPress, virtually every theme uses a popular function named “Post Thumbnails” or “Featured Image” which is a way to assign a specific image in your WordPress media library to a post or page. While some people call them post thumbnails others call them featured images but it’s referring to the same thing. If you are new to WordPress and are having trouble getting images displayed on your blog/site have a look at our guide below.
To add a featured image to a WordPress post or page, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to the post or page where you want to add the featured image.
- Click on the “Edit” button to open the post or page editor.
- On the right side of the editor screen, you will see the “Featured Image” box. Click on the “Set featured image” link.
- A pop-up window will appear, allowing you to select an image from your media library or upload a new image.
- Once you have selected the image you want to use, click the “Set featured image” button to set it as the featured image for the post or page.
- Save or update your post or page to apply the changes.
If you don’t see the “Featured Image” box on the right side of the editor screen, you may need to click on the “Screen Options” button at the top of the page and enable the “Featured Image” option.
If your theme does not support featured images, you may need to add support for featured images in the theme’s functions.php file.